Person In Charge – Market Square
Full Time Position
Pay Scale: $11-$13 per hour
Roanoke Natural Foods Co-op (RNFC) is seeking an outstanding individual to take on additional leadership responsibilities as a Person in Charge (PIC) at our Downtown store.
- Exceed our customers’ expectations for service and provide a welcoming environment for all.
- Strong communication and excellent customer service skills (for internal and external customers) are a must for this position.
- Desire to be successful and contribute in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able and willing to take responsibility for the entire store when no manager is present.
- Must be able to prioritize job duties and multi-task, as well as be organized and efficient – all while assisting the Market Square Store Manager with assigned tasks and duties.
- Must embrace opportunities to learn and grow, develop efficiencies that better support and enhance the department, and increase sales – all in a team environment.
- Consistently report to work on time. Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Management, supervision, and cashiering/money-handling experience.
- Experienced in natural foods grocery and the cooperative business model.
Physically demanding position requires continuous activity on your feet in a fast-paced environment; must be able to lift 50+ pounds without injury.
Required frequently: standing, walking, bending, reaching, kneeling, and lifting.
If interested, please complete and return an internal employment application available at either co-op location.
If interested, please complete an application (available here or in person at both co-op locations) and return to Roanoke Natural Foods Co-op ~ 1319 Grandin Rd., SW, Roanoke, VA 24015 or Market Square ~ 1 Market Square E. Unit 115, Roanoke, VA 24011.
Only fully completed applications will be considered. No calls or emails please.