Clerk – Center Store
CLERK – CENTER STORE – Grandin Road
PART TIME POSITION
PAY SCALE: $9.50 – $11.50 per hour
Roanoke Natural Foods Co-op (RNFC) is seeking an outstanding individual to join our customer-centered, fast-paced Center Store Team. Our Center Store departments include: bulk, dairy, general merchandise, grocery, frozen, non-foods, and wholesale.
- Exceed our customers’ expectations for service and provide a welcoming environment for all.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal skills – are a must for this position. Working with the public is 80%+ of this job!
- Desire to be successful and contribute in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to prioritize job duties and multi-task, as well as be organized and efficient.
- Must embrace opportunities to learn and grow, develop efficiencies that better support and enhance the department, and increase sales – all in a team environment.
- Consistently report to work on time. Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Grocery store, POS, retail experience / knowledge.
- Experienced in natural foods grocery and the cooperative business model.
Physically demanding position requires continuous activity on your feet; often 8+hours at a time: must be able to lift 50+ pounds repeatedly without injury. Required frequently: standing, walking, bending, reaching, kneeling, and lifting. Must be able and willing to work in both a hot kitchen and a cold walk-in cooler environment.
If interested, please complete and return an Employment Application available at either co-op location: on the corner of Market Square and Campbell Avenue – Roanoke City Market or 1319 Grandin Road, SW – Grandin Village.
Applications are also available for download from our website here.
Roanoke Natural Foods Co-op is an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work!