BOOKKEEPER – ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES
PART TIME POSITION
PAY SCALE: $12 – $15 per hour
Roanoke Natural Foods Co-op has an immediate opening for a part time Bookkeeper. We are looking for a reliable, self-motivated, and detail-oriented individual to join our Finance department.
Necessary Skills / Qualities:
• Desire to be successful and contribute in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to prioritize job duties and multi-task, as well as be organized and efficient.
• Must embrace opportunities to learn and grow, develop efficiencies that better support and enhance the department in a team environment.
• Must have AP/AR, journal entry, cash flow, and bank reconciliation experience.
• Communicate with co-op staff and business accounts to maintain accuracy of all vendor accounts.
• Willing to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of the business require.
• Associate degree in accounting or significant accounting experience (at least 2 years) – AP/AR, general ledger, bank reconciliation, monitoring cash flow, maintaining accurate vendor files.
• Experience with Sage50 accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite – specifically, Excel.
• Computer experience essential.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills in person, by telephone, and/or electronic communications devices.
• Sitting, bending, reaching, repetitive motions, ability to lift 40 pounds without injury.
If interested, please complete and return an Internal Employment Application available at either co-op location: on the corner of Market Square and Campbell Avenue – Roanoke City Market or 1319 Grandin Road, SW – Grandin Village.
Roanoke Natural Foods Co-op is an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work!